February 10th-11th | Various Times | Delivered Remotely
Pillar: Purposeful or Professional
In recognition of International Day of Women and Girls in Science, the College of Engineering at Oregon State University invites you to celebrate the achievements of our faculty and alumnae. This completely virtual event is free and open to the public.
4-5 p.m. PT
- “Rooted in Community” film premiere and panel, featuring live audience Q&A with the engineers featured in the film. In “Rooted in Community,” six women speak about their experiences in engineering: how they broke through barriers, made impacts through research, and are guiding the next generation of engineers.
9-9:50 a.m. PT
- Career diversity panel with College of Engineering alumnae, featuring live audience Q&A. Learn about some of the amazing career paths women have pursued with Oregon State Engineering degrees.
10:10-11:50 a.m. PT
- Faculty panel: Addressing the Grand Challenges for Engineering, featuring live audience Q&A. See how our faculty are using teaching and research to advance progress with the Grand Challenges for Engineering.
12:10-1 p.m. PT
- Live networking session and virtual display booths. Connect with other event attendees, join discussion groups, and explore virtual booths hosted by Oregon State Engineering student organizations.
Members who are interested need to:
1. Register here
2. Email Helena Raposo after the event at: COEleadershipacademy@oregonstate.edu with proof of attendance to this virtual event (can be your notes from the event, or a screenshot of the event).
3. Upon verification of your participation following the project, you will receive access to complete a brief survey reflection via the Academy Portal as required for all Academy events.
Not a member? Submit your application today!
(All OSU engineering students in good academic standing are eligible to apply)