Saturday, April 17th - Friday, April 23rd
Beyond Earth Day is a week-long celebration hosted by Oregon State
University and the greater Corvallis community, offering engaging events focused on celebrating or learning about the wellbeing of our society, economy, and planet.
Celebrate and learn more about earth ecosystems, health and wellness, viable economies, social equity and more between Saturday April 17th and Friday April 23rd! View all events on the Beyond Earth Day Calendar.
- Landfall Film Screening & Discussion: Join OSU’s El Centro Cultural Cesar Chavez for a film screening of "Landfall" followed by a discussion on themes of the film including connections between capitalism, colonialism, and climate change.
- The Great Magazine Exchange!!: Bring by your old collaging magazines and get some new ones! The idea here is to reuse these old materials to their greatest extent by sharing them! Don’t have anything to trade? That’s okay, come pick up some old collage material for free!
- OSUPC Craft Night: Links can be found on our social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), once the event gets closer. Come to follow along with a member of the Craft Center who will be teaching us how to macrame a plant holder as well as have others from the OSU community teach us about plant propagation!
- Eco-Justice Challenge: Check out Sustainability at OSU’s Instagram and Facebook pages April 19-23 for a daily post on a different eco-justice topic along with options for actions you can take. At the end of the week, pick one pledge and start making a lasting impact!
- Intersectional and Inclusive Environmentalism Panel: Hear from climate activists Summer Dean aka ClimateDiva & Madison Daisy aka ClimateDaisy during this Live Zoom Panel with Q&A. This panel is a collaboration between Oregon State University, University of Oregon, Portland Community College, Southern Oregon University, Lewis & Clark College, Pacific University, Lane Community College, and Oregon Institute of Technology.
Members who are interested need to:
1. Register at https://cel.oregonstate.edu/
2. Email Alex Melville after the event at: COEleadershipacademy@oregonstate.edu with proof of attendance to this virtual event.
3. Upon verification of your participation following the project, you will receive access to complete a brief survey reflection via the Academy Portal as required for all Academy events.
Not a member? Submit your application today!
(All OSU engineering students in good academic standing are eligible to apply)